Monday, April 1, 2013

Cooking: Spring is here



The weekend was a beauty after a week of freezing temps, rain and snow.


We had a little Easter egg hunt with the girls' friends from the neighborhood.




Cuties all of them. Even the too cool teenage girls got in on the action. Fun times looking for 160 eggs. Expert hiders made the looking a little challenging and we had to have a second hunt to find them all. Good times.
Sunday we went to Mass with my parents. As always a beautiful service with the best music of  the year, in my opinion. You can have your Christmas songs, I love Resurrection songs. 
We came home and regrouped and then cooked a delicious Easter dinner of salmon, roasted carrots, red potatoes and shrimp. My favorite Alchemy creations is Root Beer and Jerk Shrimp. So yummy.
Before and after lunch we ate about 1,000 pieces of candy including a huge bag of  mm's, a bag of chocolate eggs and most of the Reece's Peanut Butter cups. That was just the adults!

I miss the little girl excitement over the Easter baskets, but my kids make up for it in silliness. Even though we don't buy Easter outfits anymore (Delaney recycled hers from last year's Mardi Gras dance/ Easter) I love the photo I get every year of my girls. They are so beautiful inside and out.





Casa Swann Spring has SPRUNG Menu

  • Salmon burgers/zucchini chips/ spinach salad
  • Pork Tenderloin/ oven roasted carrots/black bean burger
  • Pork tacos/ veggie tacos
  • Spinach Frittata/ sweet potato fries
  • Homemade pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment